Wednesday, February 28, 2007

(A Brighter Day) Came My Way.

Xariusound came over this morning and we conversed about Rainforest. I was engrossed in how he connected the rainforest with people connecting to music under the umbrella of Rainforest, to 'build tents' and 'watch how their redwoods grow' in a few years in this forest, which makes perfect sense to me; I especially loved how he put the way rainforests irrigate water in connection with their idiom: The roots of a rainforest network so far away from just convention of its radius that around 50 miles away, roots can reach out to water penetrating the soil and nurturing the trees all the way back. 'Rainforest' is meant to mean 'Reign For Us', but I'd like it even more for it to mean 'Rain For Us' so that they bring the storm that everyone's been waiting for. haha i love it! 'and I champion them and hope they make a difference in our social media-driven world today!

i'm certain that i'm not leaving the campus until about 12:00am tonight,
and i do believe it's going to rain indefinitely. this song puts that picture in my head, of walking by city lights, on and on, watching rain drift down as i make my way to where i want to be, in shelter.

Brea - 'So Long to Streetlights' - The Immense Design of Things


'you ain't gonna make it unless
you give a little sacrifice
sometimes b4 u smile u got 2 cry
u need a heart that's filled with music
if you use it, u can fly
if u want 2 be high..'

No comments: