Thursday, November 6, 2008

Something To Behold.

Horace Silver - Song For My Father - Song For My Father 12" VLS



As I was jogging today, something came over me.

Maybe it was the endorphines kicking in, but the natural high that doped me up has definitely sparked a drive in me, to get as much as i can done today.

It may have had much to do with my father's conversation resonating from earlier in the morning, when he--and my puppy, Bella--grew too tired to walk from a good 2 miles from home! when asked what motivated my dad to walk that far away, my dad replied, "I'm doing all I can--working extra, optional hours for double pay at work, excercising at work, going on this walk with Bella--because very soon, I won't be able to do this, son. And I know that if I don't take advantage of this opportunity, to get Bella + myself some excercise, I might regret it very soon.. I'm not getting any younger, you know."

I wish my father had inherited Benjamin Button's disease (or cure, depending on how you look at it)--in fact, at a certain age in my life, i hope we all do--so that he could drink his own fountain of youth and relive his personal glory days. <3 you dad.

Anyway, I managed to accomplish quite a large load of things more than I have been doing so in recent memory.. hopefully, tonight I can get some major beat work done!

"Those flashing L-E-D Lights keep standing behind me/
Reminding me I'm still alive..."

No comments: