Monday, December 8, 2008

I Crossed An Ocean Of Words & Found You.


Nobuo Uematsu - Tifa's Theme - Final Fantasy VII Piano Collection



Lost In Translation is one of my most favorite movies, ever! The sleepy, dreamy aesthetic of this film (recorded on film and not digital video), paced with the consciously detached sensation that you're all alone would push the impatient audiencee to blink 40 winks, or perhaps dismiss the movie as "pointless" or "plotless," but they'd be completely missing the most profound element of this movie: It's about getting lost in many things--lost in loneliness, lost in a fast-paced world--but it's ultimately about being lost in love. And lost in an ocean of words.


Talib Kweli ft. Les Nubians - Love Language - Train Of Thought

^Listen to the chorus of this song:

"L'amour n'a pas de, frontiere (Love has no boundaries)
Restes car je t'aime comme tu es (Stay because I love you as you are)
J'ai traverse l'ocean du verbe (I crossed an ocean of words)
Et je t'ai trouve (And I found you)


Falling in love in a different country.. Imagine falling in love in a different language! As the Def Poetry poet Shihan put it, from his "Love-Like" piece:

"..I even be fantasize about walking out on a green light just dying to get hit by a car just so I could lose my memory,
get transported to some third world country just to get treated and somehow meet up again with you so I could
fall in love with you in a different language and see if it still feels the same type love.
"

This is type of love is that miracle-type love, that every single one of us has a chance of happening to. John Green of the novel Paper Towns put it so well, as it goes along the lines of this: If you think about it, everyone gets their miracle: if you consider all the unlikely things put together (i.e., getting struck by lightning, getting terminal ear cancer, spontaneous combustion, getting eaten by a whale, etc.), at least one of them will probably happen to each of us. but my miracle was this: Out of all houses, of all the subdivisions of all the cities in Florida, I lived next-door to Margot Roth Spiegelman."

^You will definitely have to read the book to understand how SO SWEET & DOPE this part of the prologue is!

Anyway, my honest intention of this post was to post the ending of Lost In Translation because I recently discovered (through watching Attack Of The Show, I believe!!) the silenced whisper exchanged between Murray & Johannsen.

If you can't appreciate the art behind this decision by Sofia Coppola to blind the audio, then don't watch this video, and stay puzzled in heartache, imagining what was actually spoken!

Or, if you are full of suck and are a curious cat, proceed + continue to push "play":


Bill Murray & Scarlett Johannsen - Ending - Lost In Translation

*Sigh* I want my miracle, too..

"The things I say & do
May not come quite through,
My words may not convey just what I'm feeling.."

No comments: