Sunday, December 7, 2008

Just A Bunch Of Jibberish.


Binary Star - Reality Check - Masters of the Universe

..And then Macy asked me,"Are you happy?" And I couldn't answer immediately at first--I moved my lips and opened my mouth and blinked a second too long, meaning to decide where my answer would fall in this Yes/No/Maybe realm of almost seemingly-innocent conversation..

I said "Yes, I am," but my eyes lied and a teardrop backstabbed my false intention, to agree to disagree with myself, and when I closed my eyes I saw myself staring out into blank void of what would lie ahead in my post-graduate life (for that time.. things changed for the better now!).

PCC17 "Bayan" had just wrapped its closing night, and the whole run crew, stage crew, cast and close friends were partying like it was New Year's, on a cold, dark but unarguably celebratory night in a Western street house, with a lovely basement (whose residency included Will, handsome boyfriend to the Elle front-page, drop-dead divine Tammie D., lead star of the play) to escape the dreaded party-ordinance enforcers known as the Cops.

I had just made a run to the 7-11 near my house to cop a modest 32 oz. of the High Life for myself, but something was missing. Why was I standing here alone, getting a sole-bottle of something that really wouldn't do anything to me unless I downed two of these bottles whole? Why hadn't I asked anyone if they wanted something on the way, too? why was i frustrating myself with silly questions when I could be doing a Soco-Sake-shotgun, or a keg stand, or playing Beer Pong against Luisa in the party basement? WHY COULDN'T I JUST STOP THINKING!

Macy's eyes snapped mine back onto Earth from the Jupiter space they had momentarily rocketed out too, and knew my answer was an honest lie. I didn't even realize that one could lie honestly, only until it was themselves they were lying with. "Carlo, it's important to be honest to you, even though it may take a while to find where your happiness lies.. No matter what, do what pleases you, do what makes you happy. It's taken me a while, but I'm finally happy."

Macy is one of the realest, flyest girls I've ever known. Always given me direction and wisdom words, I owe her the oceans and stars and all the intergalactic space between.

Thanks for always lookin out, Macy!

"Lady all I need,
Darkness she's all I see.."

No comments: