Sunday, November 30, 2008

And I Want You.


Flying Lotus ft. Dolly - Roberta Flack - Los Angeles

This is dedicated to someone I used to really dig.

First time I met you my heart skipped twice,
Struggled to find you despite these dim kitchen lights,
First time I saw you, distantly behind a curtain,
Finding you disappear in curtain flutters had me hurting,
for that first meet, to learn your name, learn your whispers,
Eyes closed on those stairs I swear i could see your light flicker,
not the light in plain sight that reassures you there's life,
but the hidden light, invisible--your love light shone bright..
took you to the cafe, at the movies held your hand,
like a bite of 100 grand when i kissed you my mind went DAMNN
you were everything, still don't know what happened,
just want you to know you were the freshest, ain't no blastin'
all the late calls, smiles with no asking?
tuned me to the fact that love's better than i imagined,
better than letting go of a peeve long despised;
all i want is you, back then you were a beautiful surprise.

L + Lg.

"I never knew a love like this,
gotta be somethin' for me to write this,
queen i ain't seen you in a minute,
wrote this letter & finally decided to send it..."


No comments: