Saturday, November 15, 2008

An Abundance of Katherines - Review.






The Mighty Underdogs - Want You Back - Droppin Science Fiction

I just finished a book by John Green, An Abundance of Katherines, and YO!!! Honestly one of the FRESHEST books I've ever read!

I know this doesn't play with the anagram theme from the book, and does lend itself more to the Paper Towns motif of numbering things (I read Paper Towns--another John Green book--second, fyi), but I'm just gonna number things I liked anyway.

01. amazing anagrams. at sparksflyup.com, there a great link page on learning how to anagram on point-ly.
02. this book is super funny, super sweet, super nerdy, but ultimately super super.
03. Hassan. lol! that guy is i swear, nearly every piece of his dialogue had me breaking the silence at the bookstore.
04. usage of math formulas: (spoiler alert!) I kinda saw what Lindsey contributed to the dumper/dumpee theorem coming a while ago.. but maybe it's because i took statistics and econometrics before and saw the whole "missing variables" a while ago.
05. dragging on: it did feel like it did sometimes, but the story self-propelled so nicely that I didn't give those old-people talks too much hesitance.

I'll reviewPaper Towns later, and more detailed than this one since I read it more recently.. until then,

Best Wishes!

Books are the ultimate Dumpees:
put them down and they'll wait for you forever;
pay attention to them and they always love you back.

No comments: