Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tuesday Throwback + Mixtape Marvelousness.


Blackalicious - Make You Feel That Way (DJ Flow's Foundation Mix)



Remember Take Back TV in 2005? Seeing Mos, Ill-Lit, Goapele, Crown City Rockers, Kweli + countless others support CurrentTV's launch was surreal.. BIG UPS to G-kroosh + Chelsea for letting me experience a SF-only engagement like no other to come nor follow.. truly fresh.



DJ LeftOoO of BBC Worldwide Radio 1 has some excellent selection, and i'm beginning to feel his mixes more than good 'ol Giles' (sorry Mr. Peterson, LeftOoO has great sequencing sensibility). The selection on part 2 of his October 30th mix left me repeatedly referencing the track listing + there was none of that excessive name-drop transitional plugs, the like which make me forget a mixtape more than remember (it seems counter-intuitive for some, but for me, hearing the DJ's name a million times on a tape numbs out their name completely from my brain, whereas a well-conceived tape sans the 'D-d-d-d-DJ Echo-o-o-o' bombs will allow me to more securely cement the DJ's name into my brain). DOWNLOAD THE TAPE and peep the technique, you could learn a thing or two and inherit some great gems to your Serato library!



No comments: